with Nicolas Gaudemet (MBA 2004), former Chief of Staff of the French Secretary of State for Digital Affairs, Mounir Mahjoubi
and Alon Rozen, Dean, École des Ponts Business School
France has long been seen as inward-looking and contemptuous of the broader technology scene. France is the country that developed its own version of the web, Minitel, which was only retired in 2012.
But today, the French Tech scene is on fire. There has been extraordinary growth in startup funding and France has become one of the top destinations for startup investment in Europe. Just to mention a few significant events:
- In 2016 Facebook opened its AI lab in Paris,
- In 2017, the world’s biggest startup campus, Station F, opened in the heart of Paris,
- At the opening of CES 2019 in Las Vegas, nearly 30 percent of all showcased startups were French. “This is a huge jump, more than 50 percent from last year,” pointed out Adrien Cabo, head of international development for La French Tech. “
In light of this evidence of French Tech’s considerable growth, we invite you to this Keynote event to explore the assets of French Tech in Europe and globally.
Keynote Speaker, Nicolas Gaudemet
Based on his experience as Chief of Staff of the French Secretary of State for Digital Affairs, Nicolas Gaudemet, will explain the digital strategy of the French Government. He will also share his insights on how France can compete with the major players globally.
During the Round Table, we will raise additional questions with our guest speakers:
- What ingredients are allowing the French Tech to get today’s virtuous innovation alchemy? Is there really a new mindset fostering innovation and entrepreneurship in the country?
- How do French tech champions contribute to the development of a European digital economy?
- How does France compare to Europe and the world – especially the US and China – in terms of innovation and technology? Does Europe provide the right ecosystem to create unicorns?
Introducing the LeadTech Global Executive MBA
How can you harness the power of technology and innovation to embrace accelerating change and disruption?
Join us for the official launch of our new LeadTech Global Executive MBA, delivered jointly with our partner business school, EADA Business School in Barcelona, Spain.
Friday, 7 June 2019 – Agenda:
- 6:30 pm – Welcome Drinks
- 7:15 pm – Keynote Speech by Nicolas Gaudemet (MBA 2004), former Chief of Staff of the French Secretary of State for Digital Affairs, Mounir Mahjoubi
- 8:00 pm – Round table and Q&A with Nicolas Gaudemet, Dean Alon Rozen and Guest Speaker
- 8:30 pm – Presentation of the LeadTech Global Executive MBA by École des Ponts and EADA Business School
- 8:45 pm – Networking Cocktail
Nicolas Gaudemet will sign his acclaimed novel “La Fin des Idoles” during the cocktail reception – read Nicolas’ interview on his book in our newsletter.
LEONARD – 6 place du Colonel Bourgoin
75012 Paris, France
For more information:
+33 (0)1 64 15 22 12 – firstname.lastname@example.org