Dr. Giorgos Demetriou
Director of the Circular Economy Research Center - École des Ponts Business School –Paris
- Chaired Professor of Circular Economy – École des Ponts Business School –Paris
- Research, Technology and Innovation Coordinator – European Public Service, Belgium
Giorgos Demetriou, is the Chaired Professor of Circular Economy and Director of the Circular Economy Research Center. His recent publications can be found in ResearchGate.
The Circular Economy Research Center (CERC), under the direction of Professor Demetriou, is currently developing dedicated courses, a certificate and an E-MBA specialized in Circular Economy Management as well as Circular Economy training programs, a Circular Economy Live Lab, Journal and Expert Network. École des Ponts Business School is supporting novel research initiatives and designing new multidisciplinary business models via its newly-launched Circular Economy Research Center.
He has worked closely with the Dean of École des Ponts Business School on several high-profile consortium projects related to Circular Economy and the Data Economy, seeking to explore in depth the interdisciplinarity of these challenging and prominent topics.
Professor Demetriou is also currently a Research,Technology and Innovation Coordinator overseeing a portfolio of numerous international projects and leading the research on Circular Economy in the defense sector. He has worked for more than fourteen years in the European Public Service, and has authored, co-authored and coordinated numerous reports published at the EU level. He is an acknowledged contributor to the Global Risk 2013 report commissioned by the World Economic Forum as well as to a report carried out in collaboration with Harvard University and the European Parliament on a novel intervention to address the European Financial Crisis.
Giorgos Demetriou holds a Masters in International Politics from Université de Paris XI, a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the National University of Athens, an MBA from the Cyprus International Institute of Management and has received executive education from MIT and Harvard. His doctorial research includes Systems Engineering, Circular Economy and Data Economy, along with hard and soft signals in international negotiations.
The Circular Economy Research Center (CERC) is participating in numerous EU funded research projects under Horizon 2020 which embed multidisciplinary and cross sectoral applications of the circular economy principles.
Professor Demetriou has been a speaker and a contributor to an array of prominent events in the domain such as:
- The World Circula Economic Forum 2018 which was held in Tokyo,Japan. Professor Demetriou presented the advancements of the research of CERC to the session “Circular Economy’s Frontier of Knowledge”
- The 1st International Workshop on Smart Circular Economy co-located with IEEE DCOSS 2019. Professor Demetriou served as a Co-Chair of the workshop.
- The inaugural Harvard Circular Economy Symposium which was held in Boston, USA in 2020. Professor Demetriou was a speaker in the policy panel which debated how can policy and regulation give traction to circular markets.
- The 2nd International Workshop on Smart Circular Economy co-located with IEEE DCOSS 2020. Professor Demetriou served as a Co-Chair of the workshop.
Prof. Giorgos Demetriou at Ecole des Ponts Business School 2017 Conference on Circular Economy
ARE YOU AN INSPIRATIONAL LEADER?
Are you aware of your potential and of what makes you unique?
Find out with our exclusive 5-minute Leadership Quiz.