I was really convinced that the Global Executive MBA from École des Ponts was the best education I could get. It is one of the top three leading engineering schools in France, known on a worldwide basis and I was fully confident that doing an MBA at École des Ponts would create the right momentum to move up in my career.
Three months into the program, I was promoted to project manager within my previous company, the Capgemini Group. The program also helped me find my new assignment with Metanext at Société Générale. Furthermore, the E-MBA degree has improved many of my skills.
What’s most special about the Global Executive MBA is that it gives you a holistic view on business on top of being an expert. In my opinion, the business plan development course is one of the most important courses in the MBA program. It gives you a ‘ready-to-go’ kit if you’re planning to launch your own company. And even if you’re not planning to be an entrepreneur it is a great tool and asset to have for your internal and external customers and your investors.
Cummings, Stephen Ph.D.
Victoria Management School (VMS), Wellington, New Zealand
Professor of Strategic Management
Director Executive Development
PhD, Warwick Business School, UK
BA(Hons) in Classical Studies, Victoria University, New Zealand
Strategic management and its history; Business ethics; Strategic change
Awards and Honors
- ‘A guide to the future of strategy?’, published in Long Range Planning, named in the top 50 papers published in management and economics for 2009 out of 15,000 reviewed.
- Awarded ‘Outstanding MBA Teacher for 2008/9’ Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK.
- ‘Strawman: the Reconfiguration of Max Weber in management textbooks and why it matters’ awarded best paper prize, CMS Division, Academy of Management Conference, Anaheim, August, 2008.
The Strategy Pathfinder named as “most promising new book” for 2006 at the European Academy of Management (EURAM) conference, Oslo, May 2006.
- Cummings, S./ Bilton, C. 2010. Creative strategy: Reconnecting business and innovation. Wiley: Oxford.
- Cummings, S./Bilton, C. The secrets of creative strategy. Strategy, 23: 24-28.
- Cummings, S./Daellenbach, U.2009. A guide to the future of strategy? The history of long range planning. Long Range Planning, 42(2): 234-262.
Cummings, S. 2010. The first strategists. Strategy: Process, content, context: An international perspective, 4/e. In B. De Wit & Meyer, R. (eds.) (pp. 24-27). Minneapolis/St. Paul: International Thompson.
Cummings, S. 2008. Strategy: Past, present, future. In Barry, D. & Hansen, H. (eds.) Handbook of new approaches to management and organization (pp. 184-194). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
Nicolas Lapalu (France)CEO - Osborn-Unipol France
Jadwiga Gajda (Poland)IT Service Manager – Metanext
Shaleish DixitHead of Consulting & Sales Solutions - Wipro