As traditional HR tools are becoming obsolete, how can talent be identified, recruited, nurtured, trained and retained?
École des Ponts Business School’s research interests in the area of “digital transformation & change management” include organizations and organizational design, agile methodologies, talent development and management, digital innovation and disruption, incremental transformation, process driven transformation, disruptive transformation and transformation through personal development.
Taking the lead in this field of research is Martin Calnan, our Director of the Digital Innovation Acceleration Lab (DIAL). Calnan is an expert in digital transformation and in operating effective change in organizations. His fields of interest focus particularly in enabling organizations of all sizes to stimulate and embrace change at all levels, from the business model to the structuring and finally to ways of work and interactions.
Some questions in this area of our research include:
• What drives digital innovation?
• How does digital affect IT?
• How can we use digital as a catalyst for technology transformation?
• Is today’s digital tomorrow’s IT? And will it inherit all its legacy problems?
• Can digital become the key to lightening traditional IT legacy issues?
• Is the digital revolution leaving part of the workforce behind?
• Are digital, automation and robotization the harbingers of mass unemployment?
• Will we innovate ourselves out of a job?
• Is digital a positive factor in transforming a company culture? If so, how can it best be harnessed?
• Does digital help company’s solve the innovator’s dilemma? Or does it just make the issue more pressing?