I was really convinced that the Global Executive MBA from École des Ponts was the best education I could get. It is one of the top three leading engineering schools in France, known on a worldwide basis and I was fully confident that doing an MBA at École des Ponts would create the right momentum to move up in my career.
Three months into the program, I was promoted to project manager within my previous company, the Capgemini Group. The program also helped me find my new assignment with Metanext at Société Générale. Furthermore, the E-MBA degree has improved many of my skills.
What’s most special about the Global Executive MBA is that it gives you a holistic view on business on top of being an expert. In my opinion, the business plan development course is one of the most important courses in the MBA program. It gives you a ‘ready-to-go’ kit if you’re planning to launch your own company. And even if you’re not planning to be an entrepreneur it is a great tool and asset to have for your internal and external customers and your investors.
Transform your school, impact your world
Do you remember your time at the Ecole des Ponts Business, formerly known as ENPC School of International Management or ENPC MBA PARIS? As the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussees, our mother school has now refers to itself as “Ecole des Ponts ParisTech”, we changed our name to align the branding and increase the international visibility of both schools. Our link to the Ecole des Ponts is not just in name, it is stronger than ever since we moved our head office to the Ecole des Ponts main campus (creating an Executive Campus in Paris in parallel).
Today, the alumni community of the engineering school and our school, the business school, are working together with the Ecole des Ponts to accelerate this ongoing transformation. Your school, the school of your memories, the school that launched your career, is trying to become a greater force for change, so that we can positively impact and shape, together, our world, while becoming a world-recognized brand in the increasingly competitive higher and corporate education markets.
The Transformation has started…
- New name (since 2014): Ecole des Ponts Business School.
- New management structure: Honorary Dean – Tawfik Jelassi, Dean – Alon Rozen
- New position: Director of Alumni and Corporate Relations – Desmond McGetrick
- New main campus: at the main campus of the Ecole des Ponts at Champs-sur-Marne
- New executive campus: our executive classes, seminar and conferences are now held at our Executive Campus located in the heart of Paris’ chic business district.
- Renewed focus: Value-Driven Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- New full-time MBA program: we have completely redesigned our historic flagship program to create a ground-breaking “Project-based MBA” including three term-long projects – a social impact project, a strategic consulting project and a start-up challenge – as well as a future of business leadership conference, transformational leadership retreats, one-on-one coaching and more!
- New programs (2015): Specialized Executive MBAs & a new Executive DBA (E-DBA or Executive Doctorate in Business Administration)
- New axis of development: Africa via Morocco
- New partners: we are working with a growing list of partner companies in France, Morocco and around the world to develop exciting new executive education programs
- New projects: see projects (LINK HERE) for more details
Alumni are key to the ongoing transformation
Over the last two years, 1500 alumni have met in 150 gatherings in 15 cities over 4 continents: networking and creating value together. Alumni are increasingly gathering and reconnecting, and some alumni want to take this to the next level.
Together, we can accelerate the transformation
Alumni can help drive this transformation with their know-how, ecosystems, contacts, time investment and financial contributions. Several alumni are members of the board of the school, which has mandated alumnus Jean Eichenlaub (class of 1995) to lead a campaign to accompany the school’s transformation through our first-ever fundraising campaign (see projects).
We are all excited about this initiative, and more than ever we need your help both directly – if you are able to contribute with donations, advice, or time, and indirectly – by talking to your cohort classmates, spreading the message, showing leadership, and encouraging others to follow your example. Of course, we’ll be telling you much more about this and about the projects we hope to finance. And if you are interested in helping, let us know how we can best help you to do so.
Alumni now have a permanent voice at the school to support alumni
Thanks to the new dynamic created among alumni by the outgoing Paris-based alumni president, Desmond McGetrick, the incumbent, Kevin Sara, and the increasingly active and impactful Morocco-based alumni association, we decided to create a new position at the school – Director of Alumni and Corporate Relations. Naturally, we asked Desmond to fill this role in order to leverage the momentum he generated among alumni and the increased participation he was able to generate among our alumni in France, the US, India, the UK, and elsewhere.
And Alumni are supporting the school
As a small school we are often stretched for resources and understaffed. As the new position of Director of Alumni and Corporate Relations required significant additional resources to create the desired impact, the alumni association banded together to find a solution to finance an internship position over six months.
Many of you have met Adele already in Marrakech last year during the alumni world congress, and if you are reading this you have seen the results of her work (including this website). Based on the quality of her work, at the end of the alumni-sponsored internship the school has internalized the internship position so that we can continue to benefit from Adele’s value-adding contributions.
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
Nicolas Lapalu (France)CEO - Osborn-Unipol France
Jadwiga Gajda (Poland)IT Service Manager – Metanext
Shaleish DixitHead of Consulting & Sales Solutions - Wipro