I was really convinced that the Global Executive MBA from École des Ponts was the best education I could get. It is one of the top three leading engineering schools in France, known on a worldwide basis and I was fully confident that doing an MBA at École des Ponts would create the right momentum to move up in my career.
Three months into the program, I was promoted to project manager within my previous company, the Capgemini Group. The program also helped me find my new assignment with Metanext at Société Générale. Furthermore, the E-MBA degree has improved many of my skills.
What’s most special about the Global Executive MBA is that it gives you a holistic view on business on top of being an expert. In my opinion, the business plan development course is one of the most important courses in the MBA program. It gives you a ‘ready-to-go’ kit if you’re planning to launch your own company. And even if you’re not planning to be an entrepreneur it is a great tool and asset to have for your internal and external customers and your investors.
MBA Alumni association
Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni Association
Once admitted to Ecole des Ponts Business School, participants have the opportunity to accede to alumni activities.
- At World Congresses, like the World Business Networking Congress in Marrakech, the frontiers of knowledge and practice are advanced, while networking and fraternity simultaneously create significant value.
- Global Events gather alumni in key locations around the world, including London, Paris, New York, Philadelphia, Shanghai, Bangalore, Pune or Delhi.
- Meeting alumni and creating value “criss-cross” the globe. On the one hand, alumni geographic ambassadors volunteer to brief fellow alumni on the business and networking opportunities of their city or region. On the other hand, frequent travelers reach out to fellow alumni around alumni dinners, sharing news and building fellowship.
- Thought leadership and value creation are highlighted in the Entrepreneurship series of Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni.
- Meanwhile, the Executive Transformation Series illustrates how the Ecole des Ponts Business School and its alumni association work hand in hand. Thought-provoking panel discussions, workshops and masterclasses take place at our prime city center Executive Campus location.
- When you want to “check in” or “catch up” with old friends without unnecessarily formality, a regular roster of meeting occasions fits the bill. For example, whenever alumni are scheduling travel thru Paris, they know that they can meet up with friends over drinks, after work, on the Last Tuesday of every month.
- Alternatively, they can join the weekly Thursday morning MBA Café, where prospective students, staff members and often alumni schedule chat about the school, its programs and news of alumni.
- Graduation ceremonies are a highlight of the year, as participants formally cross the threshold to becoming fully-fledged alumni. In this context, participants greatly appreciate the address by the alumni president.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni Association combines a formal decision-making occasion including the election of alumni board members, with an informal gathering of leading alumni.
Multiple alumni networks reinforce each other:
- Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni (6,000 alumni)
- Ponts Alliance (17,000 alumni)
- ParisTech (200,000 alumni)
Furthermore, graduates from the Global Executive MBA, benefit from the partnership with Fox School of Business, at Temple University and its network of 60,000 alumni.
Solvay School Alumni boasts 20,000 members.
Dr Ali AFDJEI, President of the Alumni Association
A word from the President of the École des Ponts Business School Alumni Association
Who we are?
Old students… perhaps, but a team at work and a team to help, a team for you and your ideas.
TOGETHER we have to BUILD new challenges: Getting together with simplicity, openness, networking and enthusiasm.
I am Dr Ali AFDJEI, President of the Alumni Association, Pierre Yves Rodet is your General Secretary,
and we will have the wonderful help of Linda Crofton, Director of Alumni Affairs and wellness at École des Ponts Business School.
We had some nice gatherings:
Launching a “Happy Ponts Gathering” in June at Maison des Ponts 42, Rue Boissière 75116 Paris.
We organized a wonderful party at the Scarlett in Paris 6eme before the night of the Graduation Ceremony.
We held 2 events with more than 70 participants and a very high quality panel of speakers on Burn Out.
“burn out” qualité de vie au travail
“haute performance pour les entreprises”
“conférence sur le bien être au travail” “Happiness at Work”
ref:Ali Afdjei : Burn out, le vrai du faux, éditions la providence 2016
Jean–Christophe Seznec et L. Carouan : Savoir se taire, savoir Parler, édition Interéditions
S. Bataille et al : Réussir son retour au travail; Interéditions
Véronique Cheynet–Cluzel : Expérience méditation and improve your emotional experience
Florian Meizaud : Finding meaning to feel better as both individuals and as a collective Interactive experience to create a sense of purpose
A main project to achieve this year is to launch the 2 or 3 (4 if needed) EdP Ambassadors in each country.
This will be a fantastic tool between us, to be linked, to work together and participate on projects.
The Ambassadors roles would be:
To represent, improve and promote EdP in their own country
to prepare networking if needed for alumni with a precise project
to encourage talented speakers to share their knowledge
to be incentive, helping alumni for a travel or a study trip.
participate also by conference call and on our social media tools, by sharing ideas between us, participants and teachers from all around the world!
It will also help you in your own country to open some doors, I am sure, by also having our support.
We need your talent! Forward us your candidature to be an AMBASSADOR!
Share also your ideas with the Alumni.
Participate in our gatherings, to connect, learn, create or launch a project.
we are a Great and Big family also!
Be Healthy, Have Fun, and get in touch!
Dr Ali AFDJEI
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of École des Ponts Business School Alumni Association – 2018:
President : Ali Afjdei
Treasurer : Florence Augustin
General Secretary : Pierre-Yves Rodet
Extended Executive Team:
Gala Diner Chair: Megan Jones
International Relations Chair: Maria Lajaate
Special Event Manager: Lenaïc Bonneau
Fundraising Manager: Nahla Helou
Board members :
Sidi Yasser El Jasouli Sidi
Mohamed Ali Rahmani
The École des Ponts Business School Alumni Association is governed by the French 1901 Law of associations, and is also a part of Ponts Alliance (l’association des Anciens des Ponts) in terms of membership. We create synergies, and that your membership in Ponts Alliance is the only one required to be part of MBA Alumni.
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
Nicolas Lapalu (France)CEO - Osborn-Unipol France
Jadwiga Gajda (Poland)IT Service Manager – Metanext
Shaleish DixitHead of Consulting & Sales Solutions - Wipro