The key to success of any great network is keeping in touch. As the École des Ponts Business School considers its alumni to be one of its greatest assets, it has developed a number of different services to promote contact-building and information exchange. It is the School’s hope that this network will continue to improve and to grow thanks to the active participation of its members.
Multiple alumni networks reinforce each other:
- Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni (6,000 alumni)
- Ponts Alliance (17,000 alumni)
- ParisTech (200,000 alumni)
The School, through its alumni network, also encourages graduates of its programs to update their knowledge. Regular meetings are held with speakers on relevant business topics and open invitations are extended for alumni to visit the School and sit-in on current classes through a Lifetime Learning initiative.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you are interested in taking a class or interested in being involved as a speaker/contributor on a given topic.
Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni Stories
We want to know how your MBA has had a positive impact on your life. Have you recently changed jobs? Moved to a new country? Launched a new business? Created a new non-profit or social entrepreneurship initiative? Drop us a line and share your success stories with the international alumni community: email@example.com
Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni Association
Once admitted to Ecole des Ponts Business School, participants have the opportunity to accede to alumni activities.
- At World Congresses, like the World Business Networking Congress in Marrakech, the frontiers of knowledge and practice are advanced, while networking and fraternity simultaneously create significant value.
- Global Events gather alumni in key locations around the world, including London, Paris, New York, Philadelphia, Shanghai, Bangalore, Pune or Delhi.
- Meeting alumni and creating value “criss-cross” the globe. On the one hand, alumni geographic ambassadors volunteer to brief fellow alumni on the business and networking opportunities of their city or region. On the other hand, frequent travelers reach out to fellow alumni around alumni dinners, sharing news and building fellowship.
- Thought leadership and value creation are highlighted in the Entrepreneurship series of Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni.
- Meanwhile, the Executive Transformation Series illustrates how the Ecole des Ponts Business School and its alumni association work hand in hand. Thought-provoking panel discussions, workshops and masterclasses take place at our prime city center Executive Campus location.
- When you want to “check in” or “catch up” with old friends without unnecessarily formality, a regular roster of meeting occasions fits the bill. For example, whenever alumni are scheduling travel thru Paris, they know that they can meet up with friends over drinks, after work, on the Last Tuesday of every month.
- Graduation ceremonies are a highlight of the year, as participants formally cross the threshold to becoming fully-fledged alumni. In this context, participants greatly appreciate the address by the alumni president.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Ecole des Ponts Business School Alumni Association combines a formal decision-making occasion including the election of alumni board members, with an informal gathering of leading alumni.
A word from the President of the École des Ponts Business School Alumni Association
Dr. Ali AFDJEI
Born in Tehran, February 14, Valentine’s day, with a love of creativity, innovation and sharing dreams for the future – studied in Paris.
I am responsible for the Emergency Department of Hôpital Privé de Parly2 since 1997 and practicing Sports Medicine at Versailles. I was encouraged by friends and relatives to do an MBA degree, managing this between my work and shifts in Emergency Department.
My desire and work took me traveling:
- Mission in South East Asia (Tsunami) and Earthquakes (Bhuj, India) with the Order of Malta.
- Physician of the rally Paris Dakar and the Rally of Atlas from 1997 until 2001
- Physician for the Tennis Club and Rugby Club(Versailles Le Chesnay) and other sports clubs.
Founder of ECB, Emergency City Bike, a medicalized motorbike with a tandem, for emergencies in case of traffic jam cities and difficult areas to reach, for State emergency Department www.emergencycb.com
Author of children’s books: Yuki the Little Panda www.yukipanda.com against pain and stress of children at the Emergency Department, and a book on “Burn Out” to help managers, employees and people to be more healthy at work and to lessen stress on their mind and body.
“Who we are?
Former students… perhaps,but a team at work and a team to help, a team for you and your ideas. TOGETHER we have to BUILD new challenges: Getting together with simplicity, openness, networking and enthusiasm.
One of our ambitions is to have one or several alumni acting as EPBS Ambassadors in each country. This is a fantastic tool for us to be linked, to work together and participate in projects. The role of an EPBS Ambassador is:
- To represent and promote the school in their own country
- to organize networking activities
- to encourage talented speakers to share their knowledge
- To provide local support, helping alumni on a journey or a study trip.
- Participate also by conference call and on our social media tools, by sharing ideas between us, participants and teachers from all around the world!
It will also help you in your own country to open some doors, I am sure! We need your talent! Contact us to volunteer as an AMBASSADOR!
Share also your ideas with the Alumni Board. Participate in our gatherings, to connect, learn, create or launch a project. We are a Great and Big family also. Be Healthy, Have Fun, and get in touch!
Dr Ali AFDJEI, President.
The École des Ponts Business School Alumni Association is governed by the French 1901 Law of associations, and is also a part of Ponts Alliance (l’association des Anciens des Ponts) in terms of membership. We create synergies, and that your membership in Ponts Alliance is the only one required to be part of MBA Alumni.
The Alumni Association of the ENPC
Founded in 1860, the association is committed to bringing together all the 17000 graduates of the Ecole nationale des ponts et chausées, and to offer them assistance around 5 major objectives.
- Constitute an effective and high-level network
- Give added dynamism to the professional careers of graduates
- Debate the key questions of our our time
- Offer specific, valuable services
- Contribute to the development, the prestige and the influence of our school
The purpose of the ParisTech Alumni Forum is to represent the interests of all graduates from the 12 French “grandes ecoles” which together form ParisTech.
Together the 12 member schools have over 200,000 alumni. As an alumnus of Ecole des Ponts Business school, your name appears in the Paristech alumni directory.
In terms of key demographics, it is interesting to note that women represent approximately 15% of graduates, and that nearly 11% of all graduates have a French civil servant status.
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
Going through the Solvay-Ponts MBA was a once in a lifetime experience for me! My batch consisted of 19 great people with 13 nationalities, the faculty is top notch - quite dynamic and hands on in the classes, and the program staff very supportive. Not only did I meet a lot of great people, I learned a lot of new ideas as well. Having gone through this program with them broadened my personal, career, and cultural perceptions. I am now working as a Regional Solutions Analyst in an international alcohol company headquartered in Paris where I combine my previous IT experience with the newly acquired business literacy. I attribute all of this to the school for giving me this excellent opportunity!
Three months into the program, I was promoted to project manager within my previous company, the Capgemini Group. The program also helped me find my new assignment with Metanext at Société Générale. Furthermore, the E-MBA degree has improved many of my skills.
What’s most special about the Global Executive MBA is that it gives you a holistic view on business on top of being an expert. In my opinion, the business plan development course is one of the most important courses in the MBA program. It gives you a ‘ready-to-go’ kit if you’re planning to launch your own company. And even if you’re not planning to be an entrepreneur it is a great tool and asset to have for your internal and external customers and your investors.
Verna Mugot (Philippines)Regional Solutions Analyst, Pernod-Ricard
Jadwiga Gajda (Poland)IT Service Manager – Metanext
Shaleish DixitHead of Consulting & Sales Solutions - Wipro